Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Le Cirque d'Honte

We thought we knew this family. We read their charming little quips for a whole generation when the cereal box got too boring. But the truth finally comes out. Through years of indefatigable determination Blicky has found the evidence he needs to expose this family for who they really are:
Mommy says if I keep skipping meals I can look just like Barbie and then I can go to the Pretty Princess Pageant in Florida. She said food should taste like shame.
Daddy what does d-i-v-o-r-c-e mean? Does it mean we're getting ice cream?
Mommy's sayin' that Daddy should fork over the cash for Billy's spechul school since he dropped him on his head way more than she did. She says we're all a little slow on the uptake which I think means we like ice cream. 
Mommy is this where they sell the pills that make you so sleepy you forget to make us dinner?

Feel free to add your own.

I know this is a  lot to take in so I'll leave you with something to make you smile:




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of this page, which pairs a random Family Circus cartoon with a random Nietzsche quote: http://www.losanjealous.com/nfc/

It's not Garfield Minus Garfield, but still muthaflippin funny.

MuseSwings said...

Lawdee me! I am so traumatized by the real Family Circus that I must have a cup of tea with lemon and laudamum and take to my divan for the rest of the day. I knew there was something up with them - I mean 30 years and those kids ain't growed a inch and they cain't spell neither. (..dialing Dr. West)

Tess Kincaid said...

Hahahaha...Cynthia's got me laughing!! Cute post.

Blicky Kitty said...

Oh I'll have to check that out. I think Nietzsche was envisioning his work in cartoon format. He was so prolific it was just "poppin off the top of my esophagus."

Oh dear Cynthia, I'll run and fetch the smelling salts! She's so fragile these days in her post thanksgiving tryptophan lull that anything will send her into a swoon. I'll just pop over to tthe manor and borrow some from Willow.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

steviewren said...

Oh my gosh, that is a crime against the nuclear family! For shame!

Love the Flight of the Conchords! Especially "Business Time."

The Three Little Bears said...

ha ha, absolutely hilarious. I thought that was my family for a minute. lol.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Flight of the Conchords ROCKS!!!!! How many times must I say it?

Aubrey said...

Oh! That was too much! LOL

Anna Lefler said...

Oh, I KNEW that family was sketchy. (I've always thought of them as Le Cirque d'Honkies, but yours sounds much classier.)

They never show you the Camaro up on blocks in the front yard...it's just outside that circle they draw around everything... Big goody-two-shoes fakers.

And that video...TASTY. Just what I needed this morning. BAM!

I'm off to Stumble this now. (Trying to remember to do Stumble...I'm terrible about overlooking that...)

You rock, sister!

XO

Anna