Monday, June 16, 2008

Blicky Email Volley: Part I


OK every clowder of cats has them. The cousin with whom we disagree profoundly in all matters political. Some of them use their paws to hit "forward" rather too liberally in the human aetheric medium of the email. Here's the email I received: 
***
"A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality That they imagine that America can suffer defeat Without any  inconvenience to themselves. Pause a moment, reflect  back.


1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by  

Muslim male  extremist between the ages of 17 and  40.

2. In 1972 at the  Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by  

Muslim male  extremists between the ages of 17 and  40.

[OK I'll abridge the email  but it goes on and on like this, then presents its case for racial profiling at airport security, and quotes the Book of Revelation about the Anti-Christ being a Muslim man in his 40s]


And  Now:

For the award  winning act of  Stupidity Of all  times the People of America want to elect, to the most Powerful position  on the face of the Planet -- The Presidency of the  United states of America

A  Muslim Male in his  40s!

Say what you  want, he was born a Muslim (and is still considered a Muslim by his  family), to a Muslim father. His mother remarried, yep another Muslim so  what makes you think she didn't raise him as a Muslim? His African family  is Muslim, he attended a Muslim school.  Have the American  People completely lost their Minds, or just their Power of Reason  ??? Let's send this to as  many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other stupid  attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense,  feel ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such  sense."

***
I know, so blicky! My apologies for even posting it. But here's my response that apparently I couldn't help from firing off:

"I promise I won’t hit reply all, but feel free to forward this back to the bigoted [my offensive term bleeped] who wrote it. OK an un PC term, but I’m not PC so I'll say it:

That’s completely [my offensive term bleeped]. Maybe if you keep your brain in the “off” position it makes sense.
But Timothy McVeigh was not Muslim to my knowledge,
nor was the “Unabomber,” Theodore Kaczynski.
nor was Hitler,
nor was Mussolini.
I could go on but it’s a waste of time.

As far as Obama being Muslim? I’ll just use a quote because people way smarter than I have already written about it:

As political rumors go, these are of a piece with John McCain's illegitimate black baby: Too ugly for polite company, the stories thrive on e-mail and talk-radio hearsay, and though they're trivial to debunk (the truth is just a Web search away), the lies seem possessed of uncanny sticking power. Polls show belief in the Obama-is-a-Muslim rumor now hovers at around 10 to 13 percent, up from single digits last December.

In March, as part of a New York Times Magazine article on the science behind myth busting, I spoke to several rumor experts about Obama's efforts to fight the Muslim claim. In politics, conventional wisdom holds that the best way to neutralize a whisper campaign is to ignore it.”

http://machinist.salon.com/feature/2008/06/16/fight_the_smears/

If you’re going to critique a political candidate at least stick to the issues."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maooo... I've seen bobcats and siamese mao-maos go at each other with the same vitriolic nonsense... a kitty can't win when it sinks to that level!