For your summer enjoyment:
Colorful Southern Phrases For The Inept And Nerdy Northerner To Describe The Hot Weather:
- It's hotter than a goat's butt in a pepper patch.
- It's so hot, the trees are bribing the dogs.
- It's hotter than a two dollar pistol.
- It's hotter than butter on a biscuit.
- It's so hot the hens are laying hard-boiled eggs.
- It's so hot you could pull a baked potato right out of the ground.
Bad Southern Sayings Which Were Too Awkward And Just Didn't Make The Cut (with apologies to Wendy Molyneux)
- It's so hot, my thumbs slipped out of my armpits.
- It's hotter than my gun barrel at the fishing hole.
- It's hotter than my six-year-old at her beauty pageant.
And finally here's a certain two-year old kitten's version of summer bliss. Does it count as haiku if she doesn't get the meter counts right?
I like the sun,
I close my eyes,
And the sun be's on my eyes.