Monday, November 15, 2010

My Dearest Blickosphere

Gentle bloggy readers, how I have missed you both.

I have been so very, very busy as you can imagine. Surprisingly, the door-to-door interpretive dance venture never worked out. I blame the economy.

I have decided to turn my attention instead to the exciting field of cooking literature. I recently had the pleasure of listening to a vegan friend enlighten me about how my bad carnivorous ways were harming myself, the environment, children, and furry, delicious little creatures everywhere. I do plan on watching the Food, Inc. dvd he gave me. It's just in my glove compartment to remind me to watch it. And it's also there to remind me that one day of vegan eating is the carbon footprint equivalent of driving a Prius.

Now while Blicky actually cooks endangered species on the grille of his idling Hummer, I myself actually care about the planet and have resolved to do something about it. I will be even more single minded and driven than my vegan friend and go him one better. I have started writing a raw food, vegan cookbook. Just because we eliminated all the processed chemicals, resentment and hatred that infests the typical American diet, doesn't mean it has to taste bad. A raw food lifestyle is so easy and rewarding too! Here's a recipe that's sure to become a favorite! Chocolate chip cookies:


2 1/4 cups flour
3 cups brown sugar and white sugar
2 eggs 2 cups uranium
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp powdered rhinoceros horn
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven
....
....
crap.

Well the project is still in its early stages but I will keep you posted. I have a high school friend who is actually much further along with his project. His book, Fat of the Land: Adventures of a 21st Century Forager, was actually published ages ago and is teetering on the acme of Mount St. Bookstacks next to my bed. This is a seriously cool book. He's divided it into chapters based on different types of food one can forage. Apparently it goes beyond pies foraged from your neighbor's windowsill as well. He writes in depth about each thing and includes a recipe.

And now, since it's been so long since you've been assigned some mandatory fun:




6 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

Hey, Blick! Nice to see you back in the Blogosphere!

Good luck with that vegan cookbook. Based on the recipe, it will soon have you singing, "You Light Up My Life," just like Debbie Boone.

Pearl said...

Welcome back!

Pearl

*mary* said...

You've been missed!

Ann Imig said...

You are hilarious and clever as ever!

THREE heapin' teaspoons of uranium, please!

Langdon Cook said...

Thanks for the shout-out! You might be surprised to learn that door-to-door interpretive dance has better economic prospects these days than authordom. Sigh. Glad to see Blicky's feisty return.

Blicky Kitty said...

Thank you guys!! Happy to be back! :)

Looking forward to popping over to everyone's blogs and getting caught up!

Bummer Lang, but it's much easier to identify cool concepts and styles in writing than it is in interpretive dance. Your book is awesome and let's have a big "woooottt!" for outdoorsy men who cook. :)